Pages

September 10, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #2 ~ Top Ten Books I'd Love to See as a Movie


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish

This week's topic ~ Top Ten Books I Would Love to See as a Movie/TV Show (set in a perfect world...in which movies don't butcher the books we love.)
(Clicking on the book titles will take you to Goodreads)

In no particular order

1. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver 
I was changed after this book. I looked at the world differently after this book. Need I say more? :) 

2. If I Stay (If I Stay #1) by Gayle Forman
I loved this book!!! It would make my day to see it made into a movie. An awesome, kick ass movie with nothing cut out! 

3. Splintered (Splintered #1) by A.G. Howard
How gorgeous would this be on the big screen? If the right people (director, visual effects, costume designer, etc.) took on this project, it would be epic. That's all I'm sayin'. I'd love to see Natasha Lyonne cast as Alyssa. 


4. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan
How cute would this book be as a movie?? A release on Thanksgiving would be perfection. 

If you haven't read this book, then what are you waiting for??? ;) Zombies, splatter, gore...I'd go see this opening night! 

6. Speak Easy (Speak Easy #1) by Melanie Harlow
I could easily see this as a movie, and it totally would be right down the alley of The Great Gatsby fans. 

A college age girl wakes up in a hole in the ground. And that's just the beginning. This book as a movie would be fantastic. I'd love to see who would be cast, and the beginning would be a scene to remember!!

This book received a lot of negative reviews; however, I loved it. I think it would be darkly beautiful (*cough* Donnie Darko *cough*). 

9. Addicted to You (Addicted #1) by Krista Ritchie and Becca Ritchie
I'd like to see this as a TV series. There's a goldmine of material here to make several seasons, and there's more to come. 

10. The Wild Wood (#1) by Julie Anne Nelson 
A town turns against seven girls, who were all born on the same day at the same time. If you thought seven was a lucky number, think again after you read this one. I'd totally see this one opening night, too. Easily one of my favorite books of the year. 

 

2 comments:

  1. Yes, yes to #2 and #3! :) They're all great picks though. But would Hollywood do them all justice?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a perfect world, yes. In this world? I guess it depends, lol. The thing about Hollywood is they act like they don't read. Otherwise, they'd do justice to the books they bring to the big screen. ;)

      I could see Tim Burton directing Splintered, couldn't you? I'm pretty sure he's one of A.G. Howard's inspirations, too. :D

      Delete

Leave a comment and make my day awesome! :D This is an award-free zone - thanks for your consideration though!