Pages

July 31, 2015

Which ARC Am I Wishing For? ~ Feature & Follow #63


Feature & Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read where two blogs are featured. Click the links above to follow the hosting bloggers and featured bloggers. Enter your own post's link in the linky, then hop around to as many blogs as you can - find new blogs to follow and gain new followers as well. :D 

Follow me any way you'd like 
as long as you keep coming back! 



Q: If you could get an ARC of any book, already published, or not yet, what would it be? - Suggested by Words I Write Crazy  



A: Ever since I read the synopsis for The Body Institute by Carol Riggs, I've been dying to read it! I love science fiction stories where society has found a supposed solution to a problem, but the solution actually ends up causing more problems and raises ethical questions that aren't easy to answer. I love books that make me think what would the world be like if this really did happen? The premise of this story sounds shiver-inducing, and I can't wait to see what problems arise from being a Reducer. 

Here's the synopsis from Goodreads:

Are we our minds...or our bodies?

Meet Morgan Dey, one of the top teen Reducers at The Body Institute. 

Thanks to cutting-edge technology, Morgan can temporarily take over another girl's body, get her in shape, and then return to her own body - leaving her client slimmer, more tones, and feeling great. Only there are a few catches...

For one, Morgan won't remember what happens in her "Loaner" body. Once she's done, she won't recall walks with her new friend Matt, conversations with the super-cute Reducer she's been text-flirting with, or the uneasy feeling she has that the director of The Body Institute is hiding something. Still, it's all worth it in the name of science. Until the glitches start...

Suddenly, residual memories from her Loaner are cropping up in Morgan's mind. She's feeling less like herself and more like someone else. And when protests from an anti-Body Institute organization threaten her safety, she'll have to decide if being a Reducer is worth the cost of her body and soul... 


What ARC are you wishing for? 


6 comments:

  1. I does sound very intriguing!! Nice choice.
    New Bloglovin' follower.
    Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Priyanka! Thanks so much for following - following you back! :)

      Delete
  2. I saw this on NetGalley, and it was really interesting. I also wish someone would do this for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish someone would do this for me, too. I couldn't help thinking that as I'm reading the synopsis.

      Delete
  3. Wow, this sounds like a great book, I'll definitely be checking it out! I love sci-fi/dystopian YA and this sounds like a perfect read!

    New follower on GFC and Bloglovin'.

    Here are my picks. Happy F&F Friday (on a Sunday)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love those, too! Awesome! Thanks for folloiwng, Mikayla! Following you back! :)

      Delete

Leave a comment and make my day awesome! :D This is an award-free zone - thanks for your consideration though!