Pages

December 6, 2014

My Flash Friday Entry #7


Hey, how are all of you?! Things have been a bit crazy here, lol. I'm behind on posting my entries and am catching up this weekend. :) 

Here's my entry for Flash! Friday from November 7th hosted by Rebekah Postupak

Today we were required to do the following:
  • Use the below photo
  • Include treasure
  • Word count 140 - 160

The photo prompt:


Chef at the Trans-Siberian rail wall, between Moscow and Khabarovsk. CC 2.0 photo by Leidolv Magelssen

~ Beautiful Potential ~
{157 words} 

Every day brought a new location with the promise of new adventure. No regrets and no worries were his way of life. When the train stopped, he became excited with the prospect of finding a new treasure to add to his collection of knickknacks. Soon he'd have to find a larger and sturdier box to store them all.

This particular day, he looked out of the train car, pensive and quiet, in the early morning light. Passengers were boarding, and he liked to imagine he knew why they were traveling and where they were headed. Noticing a young woman struggling with her luggage, he stepped down onto the platform.

"May I assist you?" he asked gently.

She blushed a beautiful shade of pink. "Thank you kindly, mister."

He picked up her luggage as though it weighed nothing and helped her onto the train. They smiled at each other. 

And somehow he knew he had found real treasure. 

*   *   *   *   *   * 

With this entry, I have some exciting news...

I won 2nd runner up! 



I think I jumped up and down for the rest of the day, lol. Here's what the judge for that week, Phil Coltrane, said about my writing. :D  


So how cool is that?? I was so happy, and since this happened last month during NaNoWriMo, it was a positive boost I needed. :D

Come write with us next Friday! It's so much fun, and we respond to each other's writing. It helps me become a stronger writer every week. 
Have a happy weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and make my day awesome! :D This is an award-free zone - thanks for your consideration though!