Pages

June 5, 2012

summer break


My daughter's last day of school for the year was last Wednesday, May 30th. I'm so happy, and so is she! She's a huge help with her little brother, our puppy, and she's really great to be around. She really brightens my day. We're both looking forward to reading and sleeping in when we can. :)

She's currently reading Mockingjay and If I Stay. She's already asking me if I have any recommendations of what she can read next. :) I saw her teacher at a garage sale where I was (what else?) buying books. She told me my daughter can read at a seventh grade level, and my daughter has just finished third grade. She's an awesome little reader, and I could not be prouder of her. :)

Besides reading as much as possible, I'd like to take the kids to the pool, to the park, on bike rides, out for walks with our puppy...we didn't get out a lot last summer, and I think we really need to this time around. Plus, there are always really cool stuff going on at our local library, and the kids both have friends we can have over.

So basically, I'm hoping for a really awesome summer not just for me but for the kids as well. I'm excited to spend time with them doing fun things and going fun places, and I like not having to worry about having a specific schedule since I'm more of a go-with-the-flow kind of person. :)

There should be plenty of mini-adventures to read about here, so keep tuning in. I appreciate all of you and hope you're having a great summer, too! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and make my day awesome! :D This is an award-free zone - thanks for your consideration though!